Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
University of California, Irvine
6210 Donald Bren Hall
Irvine, CA 92697-3425
1:30-2:00 PM: Arrival and check-in.
2:00-2:25 PM: Welcome and introductory remarks.
• Prof. Erik Sudderth, Director of HPI@UCI Research Center
• Prof. Christoph Meinel, Director & CEO, Hasso Plattner Institute
• Prof. Marios Papaefthymiou, Dean, UCI School of Inf. & Computer Sciences
2:25-3:00 PM: Research Talk
AsterixDB: Scalable Infrastructure for Big Data Analytics. Distinguished Prof. Michael Carey, UCI Dept. of Computer Science
3:00-3:15 PM: Break and refreshments
3:15-4:00 PM: Research Highlights from UCI and HPI graduate students
• Noble Kennamer (UCI): Variational Methods for Bayesian Optimal Experimental Design
• Felix Grzelka (HPI): Hybrid Classifier for Signal Aspect Detection in Railway Infrastructure
• Marta Lemanczyk (HPI): Influence of Genomic Motif Interactions on Post-Hoc Attribution Methods
• Dylan Slack (UCI): Explaining Machine Learning Models with Natural Language Conversations
4:00-4:15 PM: Break and refreshments
4:15-5:00 PM: Keynote Talk
Your organization wants analytics, but needs insights: How to transition to insightful thinking.
Andrew Wright, principal software engineer, Disney Digital Technology
5:00-6:00 PM: Poster session and catered reception on the atrium & lawn
6:00-7:30 PM: Served dinner on the dining terrace